Q. What can I do if an article I've downloaded won't open?
Answered By: Pollak Library Last Updated: Jul 11, 2017 Views: 102
There can be many reasons. Some things to try:
(1) Make sure you logged in to the database correctly if you're off campus. If you found the article through Google or Google Scholar, for example, you may need to redo your search in the library databases first, logging in through the library website.
(2) Clear the cache and cookies in your browser.
(3) Switch browsers (Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome often handle PDFs differently).
(4) Restart your computer and/or use a different one.
(5) If all else fails, please contact the library and let us know. It's helpful if you include what the article was, how you found it, and information about your computer (Mac/PC? Which browser?).